Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Will Dollie Protective Services haul me away?

  1. #1
    AG Crazy in Wyoming
    Guest AG Crazy in Wyoming's Avatar

    Post

    Thought I'd add a funny little "problem" I've come across. I really would like your opinions though. I'm still in the midsts of planning DD's B-day party. I'm making table cloths for the kid?s tables in fun, bright colors to match our spa theme. I just love fabric and found some great patterns; one in particular. I just couldn?t resist, so I bought extra. My idea was to make each of DD's girl's a sun dress for the party. Each a different style, but all out of the same fabric. Here's were the problem comes in. DD is appalled I would even consider dressing her girls like a tablecloth!! I insist it's not like anything, but looks cute when they are setting in their scenes and they match our spa theme. She insists they will be embarrassed to tears and won't come to the table if they look like the table. DH agrees that I never dress "my" girl like a table. She'll get her way of course, but how many of you would have me "hauled" away. Does anyone think this was a cute idea? (Yes, I really do just want to tell DH I told you so.) [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] ~Bugs

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How about showing her Sound of Music, the kids dressed up with curtains! So maybe she will like the idea better?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Samantha_Nellie_Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    219
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by AGTeacher:
    How about showing her Sound of Music, the kids dressed up with curtains! So maybe she will like the idea better?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">haha!!

    I think it'll be cute!!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it is a very cute idea indeed...

    Taffy

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it would be adorable, fabulous, the most wonderful idea ever! Feel free to tell your DH that! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 22, 2006 11:27 AM: Message edited by: mykidsloveAG ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Kit's Aunt would be proud of you for it!

    Fabric is Fabric.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member josephhswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by AGTeacher:
    How about showing her Sound of Music, the kids dressed up with curtains! So maybe she will like the idea better?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My thoughts exactly! Or what about Scarlett O'Hara in her green drape dress?

    On the other hand, I'm not one for having a lot that's matchy-matchy. I like a lot of coordinating prints. I wouldn't contact DPS to haul you away, though. I'd be right there with you telling your DD how lucky she is that you sew and that there are kids who don't even have 1 AG....

  8. #8
    Inactive Member wiccacat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2006
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It sounds cute to me. My mom recently took a trip to the local Salvation Army. She found some vintage tablecloths that she plans to make AG clothes out of. On the way home she fell and needed stitches on her lip. She broke her nose too. But like you she loves fabric and says it was almost worth it because of her "thrift score".

  9. #9
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Post

    I am a little lost here...now are the dresses you want to make for her dollies or for her friends that are coming to her party?

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    AG Crazy in Wyoming
    Guest AG Crazy in Wyoming's Avatar

    Post

    The proposed dresses were for her dollies. [img]smile.gif[/img] The subject went something like DH "see you bought way too much fabric again"- (Smiling and winking as I'm prone to doing this.) Me - "I have a reason this time, Ha. I'm planning to make each of the Dollies a matching sundress." DD - "What!!! Oh please daddy, my girls don't want to look like a tablecloth, etc. Please Daddy, make her stop." The whole topic was more in fun than anything. Like I said at first, I'll do what DD wants. And not because she wasn't appreciative, she's a sweetheart. I'm considered a crazy, matching, party planning fanatic around here. She's welcome to dress her "girls" anyway she wants.
    Dh laughs at me for visiting in dolly land (HB) and says with a laugh "Even your dolly land friends will think you've gone to far. Dressing like tables and all. Even they would have you dragged off. You're crazy as a loon." Of course I'm crazy. I was just wondering if I'd reached the commit me crazy level. Mostly I was just trying to be silly. I meant no disrespect for your Dollie Protective Service, it's one of my most favorite fun jokes I read on the board. Anywhoo... Sounds like some of you have some great ideas to try and persuade her with and the rest of you'll be visiting me at the sanitarium.
    [img]eek.gif[/img] ~Bugs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •